Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Senior Information Systems Auditor on a contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Hybrid Option)
The Information Systems Auditor has the responsibility of supporting the Program Management Office (PMO) in examining, evaluating, and verifying operating policies, procedures, internal controls, and recorded data for the information technology department.
- role requires a breadth of knowledge regarding the IT/IS landscape versus a narrow focus. The person in this role works closely with the PMO, Information Security, Application delivery functions to ensure that deliverables and outcomes are operating within the control framework. The Information Systems Auditor should also determine that teams are following the SOX and audit controls including operating policies and procedures established by the PMO.
The key responsibilities include:
- Providing assistance and guidance to the internal and external auditors and delivery teams to ensure a timely and efficient completion of the audit.
- Presenting audit findings or other relevant information to Senior Management on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, governance, and internal control procedures.
- Coordinating the response and remediation of items identified during self-audit, pre and post audit reviews.
- Coordinating and supporting the SOX-related testing requests and ensuring timely responses to inquiries.
- Adequately analyzing and documenting all information systems and related controls, and developing an appropriate audit program to test the controls identified.
- Supporting the annual recertification processes within the technology function and ensure timely completion
- Performing pre and post-implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements
- Preparing draft audit reports in good form, with recommendations, appraisals, or analyses that will assist the delivery teams in remediation.
- Evaluating the adequacy of the security and processing controls as they relate to each audit, and the effectiveness of general computer controls in effect in the IT environment.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of the systems and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding information assets and monitoring of ongoing performance metrics established by the IT and Security Departments.
- Degree in finance, accounting or computer science
- Good understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, operating systems, database management, networking, project management, development techniques
- Good understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations
- 5+ years of experience in IT Governance/IT Audit – internal audit or external audit firm
- CISA/CISSA designation or equivalent is required for this role. The successful candidate does not need to possess this certification upon selection.
- Strong knowledge of general computer controls and Sarbanes-Oxley related requirements.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of the major IT trends impacting the business
- Knowledge of CMM, ITIL and Six Sigma methodologies and standards
- Understanding of testing process, test evidences and test data traceability
- Familiarity of JIRA , qTest for extracting audit evidences
- Problem solving & decision making
- Prioritization skills & multitasking ability
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation & influencing skills
- Relationship building & interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon milestones
- Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skills development of junior staff
- Demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment and foster cross-team collaboration