Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Internal Auditor on a long-term contract basis.
- The Senior Auditor is an intermediate level role responsible for performing moderately complex audits and assessments of the company’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added perspectives or advisory service to help the company reach business goals.
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Monitor, assess, and recommend solutions to emerging risks.
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including the development of automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- Draft audit findings and reports, and present issues to the business while discussing practical cross-functional solutions.
- Recommend appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Apply an understanding of internal audit standards, policies, financial and non-financial risk, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Use communication skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including product, function, or regional executive management partners.
- Leverage data analytics in the execution of audit work.
- Support the development of internal audit staff and provide coaching to team members.
- Appropriately assess risk, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the company, its clients, and assets.
- Assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adherence to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices.
- Escalate, manage, and report control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.