Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring Senior Research Associate on a contract basis.
San Diego, CA
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays to support identification, optimization, and characterization of novel chemical matter
2. Develop and construct cell lines and tools for Mechanism of Action (MoA) studies
3. Optimize and assist running protein and RNA purification assays
4. Design and conduct critical experiments using expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development to support MoA studies
5. Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner
6. Support biology needs for different projects and drug discovery teams
1. Experience with mammalian cell culture, lentivirus preparation, transfection of cell lines, CRISPR KO, shRNA knock downs and western blot analysis.
2. Deep understanding and willingness to learn in vitro cell-based assays, including but not limited to: Cell proliferation assays, cell cycle assays, apoptosis assays, MSD, and incucyte growth.
3. Data analysis and data handling skills including importing/exporting data into/from databases, and experience with a variety of scientific software applications.
4. Ability to use or learn automation equipment and develop assays in 96 or 384-well formats.
5. Familiarity with discovery of new small molecule entities and lead identification/optimization and understanding key aspects of Structure Activity Relationship (SAR) support using biological assays is a plus.
6. Familiarity with genome-wide screening techniques and genomics including RNAseq is a plus.
7. Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and organizational skills.
8. Capability to stay focused, attention to details and deliver high quality data in a timely and well-organized manner.
9. Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.
Bachelors degree in biology with 3 years laboratory experience or Masters Degree with 1 year laboratory experience