Our client is hiring a Senior Software Engineer (C++) on a contract basis.
Burbank, CA – Remote (PST preferred).
- We are the Digital Media / Video Engineering Team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
- Role Details: We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will help drive our system’s evolution to join our team. The role will be an integral part of the Video Streaming and Engineering team, working with video engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. The candidate will be responsible for building, deploying, and managing Video Packaging and Delivery Applications in cloud (GCP/ AWS).
- Work with Video Engineers in team to modernize and optimize our cloud Video Packaging platform.
- Building new microservices, features and improving Video Packaging HLS/DASH, Content Filtering solutions.
- Responsible for Video Packaging & Delivery.
- Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing existing systems into the cloud.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience building features and maintaining C++ projects.
- Experience with streaming protocols / media Packaging HLS / DASH technologies.
- Experience with container technology and management such as Docker.
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards.
- Experience with PHP or writing Golang microservices.
- Experience with technologies like Kubernetes, EKS / GKE is a plus.
- Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards.
- Work with other Engineers to maintain and evolve our Video packaging and video delivery platform.
- Plan, design and build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
- Field questions and requests regarding APIs and behavior.
- Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate playback testing across a variety of devices.
- Work with other developers and operations team on streamlined CI/CD Solutions.
- Help in building the shared libraries and architecture to be used across all services.
- Pay rate $75 – $90 per hour.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.