Our client, a leading Media company is hiring a Senior Software Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
- Truly premium content. At true scale. Streaming is the premier online content network for information and online operations of as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- We are the Digital Media / Video Engineering Team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
- We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will help drive our system’s evolution to join our team. The role will be an integral part of the Video Streaming and Engineering team, working with video engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. The candidate will be responsible for building, deploying and managing Video Packaging and Delivery applications in cloud (GCP/ AWS).
- Work with other Engineers to maintain and evolve our Video delivery and SVOD platform. Plan, design and build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
- Field questions and requests regarding APIs and behavior.
- Work closely with the partnership team about media delivery to outside partners. Work with other developers and operations team on streamlined CI/CD solutions.
- Help in building the shared libraries and architecture to be used across all services.
- Work with Video Engineers in team to modernize and optimize our cloud Video Partner Delivery platform.
- Building new microservices, features and improving Video Delivery / Content Filtering solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining cloud services in GCP/AWS that power content sharing with partners like Apple, Amazon, YouTube etc.
- Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing existing systems into the cloud.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience building features and maintaining PHP and Golang projects.
- Experience building microservices in Golang and building shared libraries.
- Experience with container technology and management such as Docker.
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards.
- Experience with media containers, transcoding, and packaging technologies.
- Experience with technologies like Kubernetes, EKS / GKE is a plus.
- Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
- Pay range – $80 – $90 per hour.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.