Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Senior UX UI Designer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY
The client Institutional Securities UX Team are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join the Prime Brokerage and Fund Services UX team in New York. We envision, design, and evolve a suite of products for our Prime Brokerage and Fund Services business, including applications for: Client-facing and internal applications for front-office sales and trading Middle and back-office operational workflows Individual investors access to information and documents about the funds they invest in We employ design thinking methods and a user-centered approach to solve real business problems. If you can bring clarity to complexity, design holistically in an immense product ecosystem, and have gone the extra mile to create delight, we want you!
The role: We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer, with a focus on UI Design. You will collaborate with the Design Lead and the other UX Designers to contribute to the entire product suite, keeping an eye on shared patterns and consistency.
– Handle the research, planning, design, documentation, and explanation of user interfaces for web-based, hand-held, and desktop applications
– Follow an Iterative User-Centered Research & Design Process
– Work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary design team, contributing to UX operational initiatives beyond the scope of project work (design crits, design ops etc.)
– Partner closely with other UX designers to ensure design consistency across the platform Contribute to UI solutions from concept to final hand-off to engineering
– Articulate design recommendations to product stakeholders Form strong partnerships with engineering teams to create frictionless design implementation
– Ensure designs produced are in line with current patterns and best practices
– Be part of a dedicated and robust Design & Research community at the firm Relevant experience and mindset
– Excellent communication, presentation, and client management skills
– Well-versed in iterative User Centered Design process
– 5 – 7+ years industry experience, Bachelors Degree or equivalent
– Experience working in Agile development environments, specifically using scrum methodology
– Experience designing transactional systems, not simply static web sites
– Experience with data/information visualization
– You balance an academic interest in best practices with tactical solutions
– You manage client expectations and your own time efficiently
– Fluent with standard design software and tooling (Figma, Sketch, Adobe, etc.)
– Understands and has opinions about current industry best practices
– Financial Services industry experience a plus but not essential
Pay Range: $48 – $63/ hour