The Data Center Tech is responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of the environmental and electrical systems that support all client data centers. Duties include immediate response to facility related issues in order to prevent or mitigate any impact to data center operations. The Data Center Tech is responsible for creating, monitoring, and approving work orders. The Data Center Tech will oversee the work order through Implementation interfacing with the PM and the Customer. Will maintain the data/spreadsheets used for tracking, forecasting, and production of the weekly and monthly reports, and will also assist in maintaining the physical infrastructure of the client data centers. This includes, but is not limited to, racking and stacking of servers and network equipment, running cables, decommissioning servers, and maintaining hardware inventory. The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring our work ticket queue.
• Ensure electrical and network redundancy for all equipment
• Document and maintain equipment inventory and electrical circuit assignments
• Document and maintain elevation diagrams for all installed data center assets
• Collect environmental data, analyze and produce trending analysis reports
• Install equipment into Data Center racks.
• Open Data Center Access Tickets as needed and escort vendors into data centers
• Support on site remote hospitals data centers
• Data Center Operations Resource for new projects
• Able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs
• Must be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
Education & Experience:
• 3 + years experience in a Data Center Operations role
• Associate or Bachelor Degree or technical certification required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting (problem determination/resolution) skills
• Basic experience using a Service Desk ticketing system such as CA Service Desk
• Basic knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server technologies and networking principles are a plus.
• Possess a strong working knowledge of PC operation and software ( Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel proficiency)