Our client is hiring a Service Availability Manager on a contract basis.
Bethesda, MD. Hybrid 2-4 office days per month. Remote all other times.
The Service Availability Manager executes the IT Incident Management process and facilitates the execution of the Change, Release and Problem Management processes. Additionally, the Service Availability Manager ensures the IT Communications Plan is executed at a high level of consistency and provides feedback for improvements. The Service Availability Manager also coordinates services from third-party providers or vendors and participates in establishing the required service level agreements and tracking related performance. The Service Availability Manager ensures that any new system meets production onboarding requirements before production deployment at the direction of the Senior Service Availability Manager.
24×7 Operations Center position. 4×10 hour shifts – Wednesday to Saturday noon to 10pm.
Must Have Top:
- Incident Management / Operations Center Experience.
- Experience with ITSM processes within ServiceNow or similar platform.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring and alert aggregation systems i.e. Dynatrace, BigPanda or similar technologies.
- Contract to hire. HR will discuss with potential candidate before hiring.
- 5+ years of experience in an information technology environment,
- 3 years of experience in information technology focused on IT Operations that include troubleshooting complex network, server, storage, and/or application issues,
- 2 years minimum operations experience involving incident, problem, change, and release management that included leading calls and documenting outcomes.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification.
- Ability to cover shifts in a 24x7x365 environment and on-call responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience working with ITSM suites, e.g. ServiceNow.
- Experience in varied technologies (e.g. telecommunications, client server architecture, eCommerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience with various monitoring, performance, or capacity tools.
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate with varying levels of associates and management.
- Ability to solve complex, cross-functional issues.
- Strong knowledge of Server, Storage, Network, Middleware, Application and Cloud technologies.
- A high degree of curiosity and a drive to seek more efficient ways of delivering service.
- ITIL Foundations v3 Certification.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provide integrated management and coordination of various IT processes, including Change, Release and Problem Management processes.
- Utilize technical environment knowledge to assure services and components are designed and delivered to meet their availability targets.
- Facilitate bridging the gaps between delivery teams and drive rapid recovery during incidents.
- Provide a holistic view of the environment and make recommendations to improve overall service.
- Participate in system or application triage with support teams and / or vendors as necessary.
- Document incident root cause and communicate to stakeholders.
- Work with various technology teams to identify and implement lessons learned from each event.
- Monitor and reports on SLA adherence and team performance to published metrics.
- Monitor and reports on infrastructure trends and uptime metrics.
- Provide accurate and timely communications to ensure team alignment during incident response and change/release execution.
Pay rate $50 – $65.