Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Software Asset Management Analyst consultant on a contract basis.
Berkeley Heights, NJ/Hybrid
Software Asset Management Analyst
As a Software Asset Management Analyst, you will be responsible for daily and strategic management of the software portfolio in order to optimize the value, cost and minimize the risk for Software and SaaS investments.
You will track, maintain, and coordinate license and maintenance agreement renewals with software owners. You will develop reports that pull data from various sources showing license entitlements, installations, usage, renewal, procurement status, and data gaps and research and develop standardized SAM processes.
You will work closely with subject matter experts, including software owners, system architects, system administrators, project and program managers, financial managers, and engineers to obtain critical information required for the management of software.
You will drive decisions regarding software licensing models and terms that have a direct impact on the client IT Infrastructure.
Specifically you will:
• Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost.
• Working with the Software Owners to manage enterprise License true-up & reconciliations. Provide support during software publisher audits. Assist with dispute resolution. Recommend audit defense initiatives.
• Identify savings opportunities through software re-harvesting and license optimization
• Respond to requests from software owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management information.
• Stays informed of new and updated software license models and options for key manufacturer products
• Actively assesses risk and cost reduction opportunities and makes recommendations to Software Owners and Software Asset Management leadership to optimize the software asset portfolio.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Understanding of Asset Management tools and technologies. Experience with ServiceNow SAM Pro a must and Flexera experience optional
• Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals / practices
• Knowledge of product use rights for key publishers such as Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, SAP, Symantec, IBM, EMC, etc.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
• Familiarity with hardware technology and configurations including virtualization
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization
• Ability to multitask
Must have list:
• ServiceNow SAM pro experience
• Knowledge of several key publishers, including Microsoft, Adobe