Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring an AV/Technology Support Specialist on a long-term contract basis.
- We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 300,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
- We support our technology needs through three business units:
- Client Technology (CT) – focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables the company to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
- Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
- Information Security (Info Sec) – Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting the company and client data, and our information management systems.
- The AV/Technology Support Specialist will act as a dedicated on-site support specialist and technical first point of contact for meetings and events held in their respective geographic area. In this role, they should be able to deliver quality client service, be equipped with appropriate knowledge and be well-versed technically of the technology landscape. The Support Specialist will also need to maintain ongoing relationships with Regional and Team Leads as well as the Global Event Enablement team, ensuring open communication and feedback. In addition, you will need the ability to build ongoing relationship with other Technology Teams and Service Line functions to provide relevant services and opportunities.
- Assists with local on-site and off-site support for firm sponsored functions/meetings, including a deep understanding and knowledge of network infrastructure, lab/ internal networks and the company network.
- Assist with the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware)
- Assist with provisioning and de-provisioning processing, including setting up of hardware/software for the support team.
- Assists with (or coordinates) the repair of end user hardware and/or lab hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve end user incidents as well as specific technologies (e.g. MS Surface Hubs, iPads, Microsoft Surface tablets, Digital Signal Processors, Microphone systems, wireless presentation systems, etc.) including the maintenance of these technologies.
- Support of technology applications including MURAL, Miro, Zeetings, Mentimenter, Co Create, and others etc.
- Additional applications – Bluejeans, Skype, Webex, Teams.
- AV components – Screens; Projectors; Audio/Visual matrix; Digital Signal processors; Cameras, Oblong, etc.
- Additional AV Components – Raritan(KVM), Box computers, NVX Endpoints, ChromeSticks, Analogway, 360 Cameras.
- Support AV software – Ventuz, Light Key (Astera Lights, Titan Lights), AppSpace, Crestron, QSYS, Gitbash, Solstice, OSC Designer, Analogway.
- Support Lab specific hardware – Samsung Flip; MS HoloLens / Oculus Rift; 3D Printer; Digital fabrication machines.
- Additional Hardware – Oculus Go, Surface Studio, Drones.
- Operating System Support – Windows 10, Apple Mac OS (Both loadset and consumer) at an Intermediate Level.
- Knowledge in utilizing NAS capabilities and secure storage.
- Understand and interpret specialized network configurations (IE-enablement of AirCast for IOS devices on network).
- Maintain on-site servers for event use (Value Creation Tool) – Windows Kiosk mode and Kiosk mode on iPads.
- Communicate and manage relationships with vendors.
- Able to analyze network issues and report appropriately to have addressed quickly (IE – cisco proprietary).
- Track and resolves all related Incidents and Service Requests in Ticket Management System; identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Under minimal supervision, provides after-hours service for escalated issues from the Service Desk, Team Lead or stakeholder.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the technology organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
- Understand the firms business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of firm personnel
- Strong analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from a customer in the session or capability to anticipate and resolve an issue.
- Decision making responsibilities are generally limited to addressing a single end-user issue; need to be able to prioritize incidents being worked on and communicate those priorities to end users as necessary.
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in end user technology support
- Event support and live event management/production
- Knowledge of AV industry standards highly recommended
- Experience with cloud technology e.g. MS Azure is beneficial
- Certification Requirements: Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) or similar industry certifications desirable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Deep understanding of all technologies, including IT and AV.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field or equivalent work experience