Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Sr Application Support on a long-term contract basis.
- Application Support Technology Lead Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with providing the observability & monitoring related support to various teams. This position will play a key role focusing on the infrastructure, system, & application monitoring through existing & industry standard monitoring tools. This position will also focus to analyze the client monitoring requirements coming up with viable automation monitoring solutions. Handling most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of monitoring industry standards and practices.
- Acts as observability & monitoring SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- SME for all monitoring tools selected for application/infrastructure/log monitoring, including predictive analytics.
- Collaborate with all the stakeholders driving incident prevention activities through self-healing, expansion/tuning of monitoring and continued development of routine health checks and knowledge objects.
- Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family.
- Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of monitoring tools and methodologies breaking down information in a systematic and communicable manner.
- Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information.
- Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how areas of apps support collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Considers implications of the monitoring technology to the current environment.
- The Application Support Analyst provides technical and business monitoring & observability support for users.
- Monitors & analyzes applications to identify performance issues, potential risks, vulnerabilities, and security issues.
- Utilizes good understanding of apps support procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas to field issues and queries from stakeholders, provide short-term resolutions and work with relevant technology partners for long term remediation.
- Act as a liaison between users, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions cooperation with development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Involve in creating custom solutions for monitoring automation & governance.
- Participate in custom solution releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Perform testing, upgrades & checkouts after new version releases and infrastructure updates.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Drive ideas and information impacting the business positively by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others.
- Active involvement in and ownership of support project items, covering stability, efficiency, and effectiveness initiatives.
- Perform duties and functions as assigned in a concise and logical manner.
- Operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Independent functioning as well as a team player.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills to persuade and influence.
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding the business, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years Software development experience
- 10+ years’ experience with End-to-End Monitoring & Observability concepts (APM / Synthetic), apps support procedures and other technical areas
- 10+ years’ experience using AppDynamics, Microfocus BSM
- 8+ years’ experience in Java/J2EE tech stack. Basic knowledge of Spring Boot, REST APIs, UI frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience in Database, Oracle, SQL
- 5+ years’ experience in Unix/Linux, Scripting
- Basic Knowledge of App -Webserver, Tomcat, Apache, IHS etc. advanced would be plus
- Basic Knowledge of Containerization, OpenShift advanced would be plus
- Basic Knowledge of Log Monitoring, Splunk, ELK advanced would be plus
- Excellent customer service, written / verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools is a plus
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- AppDynamics related certification is a plus