Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Info Security Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
New Castle, DE or Irving, TX
- This position is responsible for leading efforts to prevent, monitor and respond to information/data breaches and cyber-attacks. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the execution of Information Security directives and activities in alignment with the data security policy.
- Coordinate with system development and infrastructure units to identify Information Security (IS) risks and the appropriate controls for development, day-to-day operation, and emerging technologies.
- Reduce risk by analyzing the root cause of issues, their impact, and required corrective actions.
- Perform regular assessments based on changes in the threat landscape.
- Monitor vulnerability assessments and ethical hacks, ensuring that issues are addressed on time by tracking and working with appropriate teams proactively.
- Identify significant IS threats and vulnerabilities.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the company, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Ensure all the servers are patched on time with the latest company approved patch set.
- Automate or identify areas to automate that involves manual repetitive tasks.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Experience with production server support, application upgrades and project life cycle/ SDLC process.
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols.
- Good experience with Microsoft office products like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of one or more of these scripting languages – Ansible, VB script/VBA, Python, Unix Shell, Perl & PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with asp.net/Java and SQL Server/Oracle.
- Experience with automation tools like Selenium.
- Is security conscious and has deep understanding of server level patching mechanism.
- Must have exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong customer and quality-focus.
- Must have experience following and developing procedures for operational support along with good documentation skills using well known tools & web applications.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Fluently communicates in both written and oral English.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of security tools and hands-on experience with some of the following technologies is an added advantage. Workload Automation & Job execution tools. Infrastructure automation tools like CHEF. Experience with documenting within web-based collaboration tools like SharePoint. Experience working and implementing tools that monitoring infrastructure server utilization and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree/University Degree or equivalent experience.