Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior IT Project Manager on a long-term contract basis.
- Under the direction from the CTO, the Sr. IT Project Manager will provide leadership, project management, thought partnership, issue management, and support across multiple concurrent high-profile technical projects. Projects will focus on the digital transformation of the organization including development, implementation, and integration of enterprise platforms supporting ERP, CRM, HCM, ITSM, as well as other restoration/construction industry applications. The successful candidate will not only bring project management excellence and framework for organizing teams and tasks but will also be expected to apply deep critical thinking to ensure issues, risks, and potential needs are identified, anticipated, escalated, and successfully managed to closure.
- Manages the entire project lifecycle from inception to post go-live hyper care support.
- Drive the definition and delivery of product releases, in accordance with IT strategy.
- Establish cross-functional project teams including C/VP-Level Executives and subject matter experts (SMEs) from Finance, HR, IT, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Administration, and vendors.
- Manage the enterprise project management tools and methodologies for communicating the status of strategic initiatives and projects.
- Provides project status and transparency to progress, budget, risks, and blockers based on verifiable data, not on anecdotal data or conjecture.
- Facilitates meetings including agendas, scheduling, meeting minutes, tasks and action items, documentation.
- Enterprise Project portfolio & resource planning to ensure the smooth running of the portfolio lifecycle.
- Resolves resource constraints and conflicts that affect the execution of the portfolio.
- Effectively manage and support projects within the allotted timeline and budget.
- Take a proactive, ownership role for each project by applying deep critical thinking to ensure issues, risks, and potential needs are identified, anticipated, escalated, and successfully managed to closure.
- Stay current on industry trends in the development of enterprise planning tools that support Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid Methodologies.
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of general project management and SDLC frameworks or guidelines including Agile and Waterfall.
- Familiar with software lifecycle processes
- Ability to collaborate with, influence, and hold multiple cross-functional team members accountable to tasks and outcomes, and manage competing priorities in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to vary communication style, presentations, documentation, and tactics based on the participating audience.
- Track and drive projects forward by understanding challenges, risks, and issues and providing meaningful and realistic solutions.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects and programs of varying size, complexity, and durations; experience with large, complex projects (e.g., CRM, ERP, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Experience in restoration or construction industries preferred but not required.
- Experience leading/building a PMO.
- 10+ years of related IT project management experience, preferably in a large, national organization.
- Experience with ERP and Salesforce.com, CRM implementation projects.
- Experience or knowledge with project management and SDLC tools including Azure Devops, MS Project, Smartsheet’s.
- Methodology Certification (PMP, Scrum, XP, 6 Sigma, or PBBOK).
- Pay Rate: $85.00 per
Software being used:
- Dynamics 365
- SAGE and TIMBERLINE
- DASH (job management tool)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related or equivalent experience.