Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Sr. Manager, US Medical on a contract basis.
Summit, NJ/ Hybrid
The Senior Manager, US Medical Affairs, Hematology (Myeloid) will report to the Associate Director, US Medical Affairs, Hematology (Myeloid). They will provide scientific/medical support for the approved MDS indications. This individual will support the design and implementation of a strategic disease area medical plan, under the direction of the US MDS Lead, and in coordination with the US Franchise Team.
1. Leadership responsibilities: strategic and tactical
• Collaborate with Medical Affairs colleagues to assist in generation and execution of therapeutic area strategy and tactics with appropriate oversight and use of resources.
• Support Medical affairs cross-functional sub team meetings.
• Plan and coordinate the conduct of advisory boards and/or steering committee meetings.
• Support members of the Myeloid Disease team as necessary for various medical activities and cross-functional working groups.
• Plan and coordinate activities and represent the company at professional meetings, congresses, and local symposia.
2. Deliverable responsibilities: strategic and tactical
• Track and coordinate cross-functional Medical Affairs tactics in US Disease Plans as well as needs to allow strategy updates
• Support the partnership with Scientific Communications on developing Disease publication strategy, gap analysis, and key messages
• Provide high quality scientific/clinical input and review of (as needed):
o Disease strategy/plans
o Abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts
o Educational materials in disease area including slides, webcasts, etc.
Cooperative group and IIT proposals
o Clinical Development Plans (CDPs), Commercial Brand Plans, Integrated Disease Plans
o Open Data Questions process (ODQs)
o Scientific educational grant requests
o Patient advocacy grant requests
• Aid in the execution of Medical Affairs Sponsored Trials and registries (when applicable), within appropriate standards for compliance, quality, timeliness, and budget.
• Assist with scientific searches, data summaries, preparation for site visits/corporate visits/payor presentations
• Track priority Medical Affairs tactics and performance to goals/budget
3. Actively engage/interact with key stakeholders, including:
o Med Affairs partners in disease area
o Global Medical Affairs Leadership
o Market Access
o Clinical Research & Development
o Translational Development
o Regulatory Affairs
o Project Leadership
o Investigators, KOLs
o Global Steering Committees
o Scientific Advisory Boards
o Advocacy groups
o Cooperative groups
Qualifications & Experience:
• Advanced degree (MD, PharmD and/or PhD) in life science
• Solid experience in medical affairs, clinical and/o translational research in hematology or oncology 4+ years
• Previous experience working in myeloid disease
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
• Excellent communication skills, including presentations to large groups, facilitation of interactive discussions, and 1:1 with TLs.
• Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating medical/clinical information into medical affairs strategies.
• Demonstrated customer focus orientation & credibility
• Hard working with a can-do attitude