Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Project Manager on a long-term contract basis.
- Drive delivery of assigned initiatives in Enterprise Architecture and Share Platforms area. Coordinate planning, execution, and delivery of solutions across multiple functional and product areas utilizing different delivery methodologies (SAFE/Agile, Waterfall or Hybrid methodologies). Track and report on delivery progress, challenges and successes and manage risk and issue resolutions. Ensure teams are compliant governance policies and guidelines and ensure appropriate transparency and visibility to management leaders on key metrics such as scope, cost, and timeline.
- Act as delivery leader for initiatives designed to address security updates and technical debt. Work with stakeholders to develop and execute plans for remediation and track progress to completion. Regularly report on overall progress to management.
- Coordinate with product managers, product owners and other delivery leaders to define new work as product EPICs with clear objectives and acceptance criteria. Ensure proper inclusion in product backlogs and monitor and track progress of delivery across PI and Team Kanban Boards.
- Leverage tools to report on key metrics as appropriate based on delivery methodology.
- Assist in the coordination or initiative effort sizing and prioritization of product backlogs and PI Planning assignments.
- 7+ years’ experience as a participant or leader on an IT Project (SAFE/Agile or Waterfall) effort
- Experience with Lean Portfolio Management a plus.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSD) and/or SAFe Agilist (SA) certifications a plus but not required.
- Strong familiarity with Lean Portfolio Management, SAFe/Agile and Waterfall SDLC processes is desired.
- Strong experience with value stream delivery and Agile Ways of Working as well as traditional project lifecycle requirements (SAFE/Agile and Waterfall).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong communicator comfortable with interacting with executive and mid-level stakeholders and capable of facilitating large meetings with same.
- Experience with IT delivery productivity tools with preferences towards Clarity, Jira, Confluence, Teams, Share point and ServiceNow.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting tools (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI) a plus.
- Strong experience with security initiatives.
- Must be a strong leader capable of interacting across cross-functional teams and coordinating and facilitating an overall plan.
- Must be a good communicator that’s able to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership to report on project status, risks and issues and provide overall transparency to project efforts.
- Would like candidate to be local to Bethesda and be in office up to 3 days/week.