Our client, a leading global medical device company, is hiring a Sr. IT Project Manager on a full time basis.
Sr. IT Project Manager – 55260
- MUST have SAP Implementation Project Management Experience
- Range is $85-130 with a 10% bonus
- It is an onsite role at Naples facility. Not remote
Sr Project Manager:
The Sr IT Project Manager is primarily responsible for leading, overseeing, and ensuring the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects assigned within the Information Technology division of client. This includes adhering to the methodology, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure efficient and effective execution and delivery of projects. The Sr Project Manager demonstrates a strong level of project management and leadership skills with a proficiency in project management tools and techniques, while possessing a strong knowledge of business & IT processes.
Project Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable and responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise wide and sometimes global projects within the scope of Information Technology.
- Expected to be proactive in managing projects and in communications/interactions with key stakeholders around attaining project goals, deliverables, timelines, budget, and quality.
- Determine project schedule by determining deliverables, milestones, time requirements, as well as identifying/sequencing project elements and discreet tasks.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project process, coordinating activities, and resolving obstacles throughout the project lifecycle.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, requesting, and allocating resources as necessary.
- Coordinate with interdepartmental managers for the availability, assignment, and accountability of resources and technology.
- Utilize Workfront templates/processes and other tools for work management while following the PMO methodology, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Responsible for financial aspects of assigned projects including KPI reporting relative to project progress.
- Facilitate the establishment of guidelines for the use of vendor/contractor professional services with leadership, and act as a central point of contact to help ensure their activities align with the performance and financial objectives of the project.
- Establish a clear communication strategy to provide status to key stakeholders and senior management including RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies) and impact/constraints on scope, cost, and schedule.
- Ensure that project goals are achieved and are in line with business/stakeholder objectives.
- Benchmark project management performance continuously to identify the potential for improvements and increase capability in project and portfolio management.
- Apply Organizational Change Management methodologies and may assume some responsibilities for OCM tasks as an client Change Agent.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 5 + years of relevant work experience required
- Experience implementing SAP projects strongly preferred
- Positive attitude with a strong desire and proven ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience leading global, enterprise-wide implementations is preferred
- Experience managing projects through a PMO is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with careful attention to detail
- Ability to build, nurture, and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization from IT staff to senior/executive management
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Lean & Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Agile/Scrum certification is a plus
- Experience with enterprise PPM tool(s) is strongly preferred
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist PMO with revisions to policies, procedures and processes governing IT project management
- Work independently, as well as leading a project team
- Perform peer reviews of project documentation, as requested, to ensure compliance with standards
- Responsible for stakeholder management
- Confidently lead medium and large-scale projects with full project life cycle management
- Participate in strategic planning and roadmap sessions with business & IT management to determine the scope and objectives of project management
- Apply advanced knowledge of SDLC and various system and project management methodologies
- Drive project team efficiency through innovation; suggest continuous process improvement of project management practices
- Participate in project management-based initiatives within the community both internally and externally to client
- Mentor junior level PM’s