Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Software Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
Fort Myers, FL
- Our client, a leading global medical device company, is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer – AWS Platform.
- Guides the best practices, patterns, vision, and growth of the application and automation infrastructure.
- Leads the maintenance and development of infrastructure systems and tooling.
- Develops and maintains automation systems for continuous integration & deployment.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas for improvement in regard to availability and speed of the applications.
- Is available to respond to critical infrastructure related events if an issue is escalated.
- Works with Information Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure technology and infrastructure complies with corporate policies and aligns with global business needs.
- Assists in producing platform documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Assist with production support tickets as they relate to the platform.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience developing and managing robust, high-availability production systems required.
- 5 years of experience working alongside a software development team with knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle required.
- 5 years of Amazon Web Service management preferred
- Experience with container virtualization such as Docker preferred.
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban are a plus.
- Experience managing relational database servers and query optimization preferred. Knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with management of Linux servers in a production environment. Experience with Debian is a plus.
- Experience provisioning and managing cloud services is required. Experience with Amazon’s web services strongly preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, such as CloudFormation or Terraform is a plus.
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools (CircleCI, Browserstack, Runscope, etc.).
- Solid understanding of development/coding methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as POSIX shell scripting (e.g., Bash), Ruby, Python is required.
- Knowledge of web development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Knowledge of high-availability concepts and experience with deployment of high-availability applications.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with code editors, team collaboration software. Individual must feel comfortable using the command line. Experience with Mac OS X is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Computer Science or related field preferred.