Our client is hiring a Sr. Vendor Manager on a long-term contract basis.
New York City, NY. Remote is OK but if candidate in NYC, hybrid very minimal days required onsite.
- Responsible for supporting and delivering Governance Framework.
- Continue a disciplined process across the entire strategic life cycle for a variety of vendors and deal negotiations for maximum and fair cost savings.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders — including IT, business resources, and Strategic Sourcing — to ensure best practices for vendor relationship management.
- Execution of vendor governance practices across IT and our internal business partners.
- Monitoring performance and penalty clauses in conjunction with Director, VMO, as well as IT and business units.
- Implement and manage core vendor governance processes such as risk management and customer satisfaction.
- Drive Business Reviews with key vendors.
- Oversee execution of legal documentation.
- Initiate and oversee security reviews.
- Define documentation and contracting for scope and risk.
- Define key measurements of performance.
- Service Level Agreements.
- Service Level Objectives.
- Support Director as may be required.
- Drive the Tech & Corporate Vendor Management & Procurement Strategy through implementation of standardized policies, procedures, and utilization of templates.
- Monitor the financial viability and management stability of key vendors.
- Contribute to negotiation strategy and execution.
- Ensure alignment with terms outlined in vendor agreements and standardized rate card.
- Promote reusable vendor management assets and applications (e.g., standardized templates, salesforce, asana etc.).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and internal partners such as Legal, Finance, Risk Management, Human Resources among many others.
- Oversee the maintenance of agreements with vendors and ensure that they are current/up to date and compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage vendor relationships as the key point of contact between specified vendors and the business, including communication and performance feedback.
- Serve as a point of escalation for vendor issues, disputes, and drive those issues to resolution.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vendor management or a related field (e.g., Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Contract Management, etc.).
- Experience with large organizations and exposure to diverse vendor management strategies.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, undergoing change, and time-sensitive environment.
Preferred: Comprehension of the media and technology services business landscape is a plus but not required.
Pay Rate: $70 – $80.