Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Strategy & Operations Manager on a long-term contract basis.
New York, NY or Irving, TX or Tampa, FL
- The Strategy & Operations Manager will be a key member of a transformation team within the company supporting engagements necessary to deliver against transformation and regulatory priorities.
- Projects will vary in size, duration, and complexity; will have significant and measurable business value outcomes; and will be highly visible with executive-level sponsorship.
- The Strategy & Operations Manager will operate within a relatively flat organization and reports directly to a Senior Leaders but also to Engagement Manager(s) who lead the day-to-day of ongoing projects via a matrix management structure.
- Risk PMO, FTO/Treasury and ICG Risk & Controls.
- We are looking for candidates with a strong focus on competency and a roll up your sleeves work mindset.
- Drive the analysis of complex sets of data and business processes with limited guidance.
- Independently think through and analyze solutions to problems and develop initial hypotheses, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Support all phases of projects and drive project execution and delivery.
- Own the initial preparation of communications for Project Sponsors and Senior Stakeholders regarding hypotheses, analyses, and project outcomes.
- Support creation of project communications to drive engagement of key stakeholders and adoption of recommendations and solutions.
- Work with colleagues to continuously develop re-usable intellectual capital and contribute relevant content to the teams knowledgebase.
- Show initiative in performing research and obtaining data.
- At least 3-5 years in a major management consulting firm, or equivalent experience in a large Financial Services Company.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Worked on large scale transformation or regulatory programs / projects.
- Familiar with Agile / Waterfall Project Management Lifecycle with hand on experience managing complex, large scale projects from inception.
- Demonstrated experience creating, owning, and developing PowerPoint presentations and similar forms of communication.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and other data visualization tools.
- Experience analyzing processes and creating process maps / user journeys.
- Preferred Competencies: Hypothesis generation, analytical framework development, data analysis, root cause identification, process analysis and design, business case and financial model development, stakeholder management, communications and change planning.
- Strong ability to identify issues, structure and conduct analyses, organize findings, draw conclusions, identify next steps, and make recommendations with limited guidance.
- Skilled in the use of PowerPoint to present analyses and communicate with a clear storyline.
- Highly analytical and rigorous thinker with a balance of creativity.
- Shows initiative in performing research, obtaining data, and conducting analyses.
- Developing ability to lead and demonstrate presence through influence without formal authority.
- Works effectively in a team-based collaborative model.
- Innovative and curious, and readily able to think outside of the box.
- Verbally communicates effectively and impactfully.
- Self-starter who brings a sense of urgency to assignments and goals.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Passionate about improving employee and customer experience.
- Strong desire to engage employees to improve an organization.
- Detail oriented and effective multi-tasker.