Our client, a leading utility company, is hiring a Systems Architect – Senior consultant on a contract basis.
New York, NY
Virtual environment build, daily maintenance, patching and troubleshooting of systems, verify and ensure backups are scheduled and successful. The candidate will work with other IT and Business groups to ensure/facilitate task completion. They will participate in configuring, designing, and implementing system upgrades. This individual must be familiar with server monitoring tools. They will also be assigned projects to automate various manual processes through scripting.
Create documentation and procedures for day to day and major tasks as needed.
• Build and maintain Nutanix AHV and VMware ESXi
environments. Ensure devices in both environments have
valid backups and are centrally monitored.
• Respond and close out IT ServiceNow tickets in a timely
• Manage and update Windows server domain controllers
• Participate in weekly team meets and present the progress
of assigned work
• Server builds and installation of post-OS required software
• Monitor server performance and availability
• Scripting skills with PowerShell bash, ksh or perl
• Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting
• Install and move servers and storage equipment
• Interface with support vendors when required
Skills & Requirements
Seeking a highly motivated candidate who demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and possesses strong technical skills and proficiency working with:
• VMware Clusters
• Windows Server/desktop operating system administration
• Linux/Unit system administration
• Networking experience
• Backup / restore solutions
• Antivirus and system security administration
• AD / LDAP
• Scripting: PowerShell, bash, ksh or perl
• Patch management
The ideal candidate is well organized, detail-oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with a safety mind set. This individual must also exercise good judgment and render sound business decisions. The applicant should possesses strong oral and written communication skills and must provide high level documentation.
Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Information Technology) with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in IT Support.
The successful candidate should possess strong technical knowledge of various computing platforms from servers, networks, storage including scripting experience for automation.
Must have the ability to lift/transport server equipment when needed.
Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for server and storage related issues that requires travel to various supported server location sites. Must be willing and able to work overtime and be flexible with work hours to respond to emergencies or scheduled work that must be done either prior to or after normal business hours. Must have the means and be able to travel to various Company locations. Must have a valid driver’s license.
There are in-person requirements for this job and post COVID working arrangements will require reporting to office locations at minimum of three days a week.
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate.
Cyber Security best practices, Networking certification, Anti-Virus (Trend Micros), Veeam Backup, Monitoring tools (SolarWinds), Tanium, Dragos