Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Systems Engineer consultant on a contract basis.
Title: Scientific Systems Engineer
Primary location: Princeton, NJ
Position is for full time employee supporting Cloud and local infrastructure data center in Princeton, NJ.
Onsite presence is required for 3 days per week at client site in Nassau Park – Princeton, NJ.
Role will design, configure, and support advanced computing services in AWS cloud.
Role will manage AWS network configurations, compute clusters in AWS and Lab workflows.
Role will lead cloud cost optimizations, expense reporting and cloud security compliance.
Role will support hybrid cloud environments integrating data centers with cloud.
Certified AWS Solutions Architect-Professional level or AWS Certified Advanced Networking required.
• Participate in all stages of cloud infrastructure design, configuration and provisioning of hybrid cloud. AWS is the primary cloud platform.
• Design, configure and compute clusters for processing large data sets. Knowledge of storage tiering, EC2 compute instances, GPU based instances and EBS volumes is a must.
• Manage AWS network configurations including cross regional virtual private cloud environments. Knowledge of S3 bucket policy configurations is a must.
• Lead cost optimization projects. Knowledge of auto scaling, storage optimizations, hibernation and instance schedulers is a must.
• Implement Inter-VPC and multi-account connectivity. Includes VPC peering, transit Gateway.
• Migrating application workloads to AWS.
• Configure and deploy containerized microservices delivered with Docker, Kubernetes – AWS EKS.
• Support configuration management and network automation and orchestration using automation frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, and/or Chef.
• Support load Balancing design and optimization.
• Implement security best practices at all levels of the cloud, data center & Lab systems.
• Ensure maximum uptime and stability of cloud and on-premises environments, especially in development, test, and production environments.
• Configure Linux and Windows images for EC2 instances. Apply the latest OS and security patches ensuring the compatibility of underlying running application.
• Handle service desk & JIRA tickets and mitigate any production issues.
• Ensure accurate knowledge base documentation in a timely manner.
• Bachelors degree in technology related, engineering or computer science.
• Certified AWS Solutions Architect-Professional level or AWS Certified Advanced Networking is required.
• Exceptional knowledge of Cloud Platforms in AWS with a minimum of 5+ years is required.
• Google, Azure cloud experience is a plus.
• Relevant work experience (3+ years) in IT infrastructure and data center management.
• Experience with containerized microservices delivered with Docker, Kubernetes (Kops, AWS EKS), or OpenShift 4.x a plus.
• Experience with hybrid infrastructure systems.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer certification is a plus.
• Background in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology is a plus.
• Exceptional knowledge of Cloud services in AWS (5+ years) is required.
• Experience as a Linux and Windows server administrator.
• Ability to work with little supervision; must be self-driven and motivated.
• Experience in monitoring and proactive incident management.
• Exceptional scripting skills using Shell and Python or Go (a plus).
• Ability to proactively triage on troubleshooting urgent production issues under high time pressure with precision.
• Experience in working collaboratively with various R&ED teams throughout the organization to resolve mission critical problems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to produce and process technical documents.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to translate business requirements into information systems solutions.
• Experience with IT security.
• Someone who is a team player.
• Motivated and available to participate in a weekly on-call rotation (~every 3-4 weeks) as needed.
• Provide mission critical production support in case of an outage during off business hours if necessary.