Our client, a leading pharmaceutical, is hiring a Technical Lead on a contract basis.
Incumbents main responsibility will be to manage priority 1 and priority 2 incidents where is will be necessary to join a telephone bridge call.
During the call, the incumbent will ensure the discussions are focus on finding a solution, getting the appropriate groups or engineers on the call, and providing a documentation of the call or written periodic status.
The incumbent will also Correct Action Prevention Action (CAPA) or Problem calls to determine the steps necessary to limit, if NOT eliminate, the potential of the issue occurring again.
The position requires the incumbent to have good management and leadership skill to oversee the technical and administrative activities required of each incident or CAPA/Problem call. Candidate have frequent interactions with internal and external service providers. In addition, the Technical Lead will work closely with other members of the group to provide updates and communicate/escalate issues.
Knowledge Qualifications and Skills:
• Proficiency in ITIL incident and problem management
• Significant experience in Windows, UNIX/Linux, VMware, networking, and AWS.
• Significant experience working in a regulated environment such as Big Pharma or financial industry.
• Significant experience interacting with technical teams, service providers, and management within a global industry.
• Attention to detail when assessing technical activities and/or reviewing technical documentation.
• Ability to identify and address technical issues/problems.
• Propose technical solutions to issues and escalate issues appropriately
• Maintain a proactive attitude and behavior
• Ability to multi-task effectively and work independently
• Interface directly with the business users, management level IT clients, software vendors and other service providers.
• Strong communication skills are a must.
• Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Time and resource management skills
• Integrity, personal drive and enthusiasm which motivates people and inspires the highest
• Reports to DIS Associate Director, Solution Engineering and Delivery
• Coordinates the activities of a cross functional technical team
• Manages client IT and business relationships
Education and Experience:
o BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
o At least five years of experience in technology management
o Experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry or similar, regulated industry required
o Experience with Service Now or similar tracking/management tools strongly desired
o Prior experience using source code repository such as Clearcase