Our client, a leading financial company is hiring a Transaction Monitor on a contract basis.
Whippany, NJ – Hybrid
- Several years’ experience in utilizing analytical/data science tools for data exploration, analysis, and visualization – ideally within Financial Services / Financial Crime or a similar field.
- Experience in development of data visualizations/dashboards; preferably Tableau or similar (such as Qlikview, Qliksense, PowerBI)
- Hands on experience of common Data Science tools, libraries, and languages (SQL, Python, R, Scala, Spark)
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Maths, Statistics, Physics, or similar appropriate Degree
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of Financial Institution data (e.g. Customer/Account, Transactional, Payment), systems and flows.
- Exposure to common Transaction Monitoring systems (Actimize SAM, Oracle Mantas, Fortent etc…)
- Familiarity of Big Data / Data Lake technologies such as Apache Hadoop Spark, Hive, Impala etc…
- Knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework
- An appreciation of Financial Crime, Market Surveillance, AML and transaction monitoring/detection and the systems/processes, including an understanding of AML and terrorist financing trends and typologies
- Provide services to the trading entities of client to support the Heads of Financial Crime discharge their responsibilities in relation to Financial Crime Compliance.
- Offer a broad range of support services ranging from risk assessment, assurance, correspondent banking, investigation, and surveillance activities.
- Maintain, enhance and govern Surveillance & TM capabilities across all business lines.
- Meet its regulatory obligation to effectively monitor customer transactions and/or employee behavior, identifying potentially suspicious activity.
- Ensure that the Surveillance & TM automated solutions are suitably fit for purpose, maintained, and optimized in accordance with the requirements of client risk appetite.
- Work with colleagues to support the development, implementation and optimization of Global Surveillance solutions and capabilities, including;
- Supporting regular review & optimization of Surveillance & TM solutions (vendor or bespoke), maximizing effectiveness and efficiency, and ensuring a risk-based approach is taken.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic investment projects, providing clear requirements, acting as the ‘voice of the customer’ and taking responsibility for ensuring that the end product is of a high standard.
- Developing and operationalizing bespoke monitoring and oversight solutions within our Financial Crime Data Lake (FIDA), including rules, models, typologies, profiles, and dashboards
- Ensuring Surveillance & TM solutions are rigorously built and embedded into routine processes, enabling proactive identification of money laundering and financial crime risks.
- Building and maintaining ongoing feedback loop from key business areas/processes and ensure that requirements are incorporated into developing and optimizing solutions.
- Develop new / innovative methods to visualize effectiveness of Surveillance & TM solutions.
- Support the development of the Financial Crime Data Lake (FIDA) to ensure that it fulfils the requirements of the transaction monitoring team and the wider Financial Crime function, including;
- Ensuring that all relevant data has been correctly sourced, enriched, integrated and architected so that it can be leveraged for Surveillance & TM related development and analytics.
- Supporting the identification and onboarding of new and relevant datasets based on the requirements of the Financial Crime function.
- Providing SME knowledge on FIDA data relevant to Surveillance & TM requirements
- Leveraging the enriched data available in FIDA, in conjunction with the data science sandbox, to develop Surveillance & TM solutions.
- Collaborate with Global Surveillance leads and key Business, Operational, Technology and Financial Crime stakeholders to understand key priorities for the bank and identify opportunities to enhance existing data/infrastructure/capabilities/processes, to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead on innovation within in the field of Surveillance & TM, and data analytics, taking inspiration from pioneering teams within client, leading peer institutions, or from different fields altogether, to enhance Surveillance & TM capabilities.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Provide ongoing specialist guidance and support to business and technical stakeholders – acting as an interpreter between business and technical areas, explaining business requirements and translating technical subject matter where appropriate.
- Work closely with consumers of Financial Crime/Surveillance & TM data to ensure capabilities and limitations are understood correctly that data is used efficiently and effectively to deliver maximum value.
- Maintain strong relationships with the broader Financial Crime team and agenda to inform/leverage future capabilities and drive requirements with the team.
- Promote an environment of high quality delivery and continuous improvement – with particular focus on standardizing, automating and optimizing processes,
- Follow appropriate governance and oversight requirements, maintaining a correct audit trail where required.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Challenge existing processes and capabilities within the team, initiate and encourage improved ways of working to realize efficiencies and more reliable outputs.
- Continuously identify relevant data sources to meet Financial Crime priorities based on the limitations of existing dataset, market leading developments and direct stakeholder feedback.
- Work with teams in multiple business areas and jurisdictions.
Pay range: $65-$80/hr