Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Transformation Specialist on a long-term contract basis.
New York, NY; Buffalo, NY; Tampa, FL or Wilmington, DE
- The Transformation Specialist / PM / BA will be a key member of a transformation team within the client’s organization supporting engagements necessary to deliver against transformation and regulatory priorities. Projects will vary in size, duration, and complexity; will have significant and measurable business value outcomes; and will be highly visible with executive-level sponsorship.
- Support all project phases and drive project execution and delivery.
- Own the initial preparation of communications for project sponsors and senior stakeholders.
- Support creation of project communications to drive engagement of key stakeholders and adoption of recommendations and solutions.
- Work with colleagues to continuously develop re-usable intellectual capital and contribute relevant content to the team’s knowledgebase.
- Show initiative in performing research and obtaining data as needed.
- Independently think through and analyze solutions to problems and develop initial hypotheses, frameworks, and methodologies.
- 5-7+ years of experience desired in Financial Services, Consulting, or Investment Banking
- 1-2+ years in a major management consulting firm, or equivalent experience in a large Financial Services company
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Worked on large scale transformation or regulatory programs / projects
- Familiar with Agile / Waterfall project management lifecycle with hand on experience managing complex, large scale projects from inception
- Demonstrated experience creating, owning, and developing PowerPoint presentations and similar forms of communication
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik or Power-BI)
- Experience analyzing processes and creating process maps / user stories
- Strong ability to identify issues, structure and conduct analyses, organize findings, draw conclusions, identify next steps, and make recommendations with limited guidance
- Highly analytical and rigorous thinker with a balance of creativity
- Shows initiative in performing research, obtaining data, and conducting analyses
- Developing ability to lead and demonstrate presence through influence without formal authority
- Works effectively in a team-based collaborative model
- Innovative and curious, and readily able to think outside of the box
- Verbally communicates effectively and impactfully
- Self-starter who brings a sense of urgency to assignments and goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Passionate about improving employee and customer experience
- Strong desire to engage employees to improve an organization
- Detail oriented and effective multi-tasker