Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Unified Communications and AV Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
The UC and AV Engineer position will report directly to AVP Digital Workplace Experience and will have the following responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting common UC and A/V issues which include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, bandwidth saturation, profiles, and misconfigurations
- Coordinate with Carriers/Central Office staff and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve problems that arise
- Manage voice assets
- Participating in additional Tier II/III projects or upgrades as required
- Providing After Action Reports for Problem Management resolution and Root Cause Analysis (RCAs)
- Creating and reporting all outage notifications according to standard operating procedures
- Ensuring compliance with client policies and procedures
- Technical knowledge of VoIP, software, hardware, and Telecommunications standards, Unified Communications Manager
- Technical knowledge of VTC equipment such as Cisco Codecs, Cisco Roomkit series, Deskpro and Webex Board and Control Hub. If no experience with Control Hub, Cisco Meeting Server/Cisco Meeting Manager would be beneficial.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, H323, and SIP protocols
- Understanding of signal flow
- Comprehensive knowledge of network topology; along with networked hardware and software tools listed above
- Knowledge of digital signage and related implementations such as Wayfinding and implementing digital signage in multiple locations
- Technical knowledge of Poly equipment such as Poly Studio and X series is a plus.
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Teams, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Flexible, patient, and work with colleagues to deliver an excellent customer experience