Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a User Experience Researcher II on a long-term contract basis.
- Responsibilities encompass leading the design and execution of traditional research activities (e.g., surveys, interviews); while also including more User Experience-focused research methods such as usability testing, ethnographies.
- Consult on research and feedback needs with internal clients; determine methods consistent with business and customer goals and objectives.
- Lead the design of the research instrument which pursues truth and results in knowledge creation while mindful of participant time.
- Facilitate the development and execution of research method.
- Create meaningful, action-oriented knowledge; producing professionally packaged research results.
- Track and report on product performance issues and resolutions closing the research loop with product teams.
- The majority of work is able to be successfully completed virtually even when offices are open.
- We support a global employee base. It may be necessary to occasionally participate in meetings/research sessions outside of typical working hours. However, we offer the flexibility needed to maintain appropriate work-life balance.
- 5-7 year’s experience in the field of customer/user experience; with an emphasis on research and customer feedback.
- Mature knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods such as surveys, ethnographies, usability testing, card sorting, etc. With experience executing large market-level surveys. [examples requested].
- Confident and credible speaking and presentation skills.
- Polished and professional written communication skills e.g., writing plans and testing results and trends [examples requested].
- Ability to coordinate and oversee the work of others.
- Strong understanding of human behavior and psychology.
- Active listening and questioning skills.
- Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful insights and action recommendations.
- Analytical and visualization skills to assess and notice trends and patterns.
- Storytelling and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail; ability to ensure accuracy and professional documentation.
- Organization and project management; ability to manage and guide the prioritization of multiple projects at once and provide regular status reporting.
- Approachability to engage with research candidates and team members from diverse cultures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Bachelors in Market Research, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Usability Engineering related field preferred.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of data visualization systems e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire.
- Familiarity and comfort with basic statistics.
- A methodological approach to managing work.