Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a UX Designer on a long-term contract basis.
New York, NY
- Under the guidance of the Lead UX Designer, strategize and execute the product vision by being heavily involved in the end-to-end product design process
- Surface the underlying needs and motivation of our users to ensure we achieve business goals and provide value
- Design an intuitive and elegant experience that empowers our clients to make confident financial decisions
- Work closely with our research team to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data and make value-driven design decisions which then translate into clear, simple UIs
- Create and present a variety of design deliverables (sketches, wireframes, user flows and prototypes) in a way that engenders confidence in you and your solutions within the team and the greater organization
- Design holistic solutions that integrate seamlessly into our Wealth Management product ecosystem
- Design and deliver responsive/adaptive solutions that are optimized for web and mobile interfaces and partner with engineers to translate designs into successful products
Relevant Experience and Mindset:
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates how you have created experiences that solved business and user needs 4 years of experience as a UX designer as a key contributor to the success of products that have launched
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field; masters degree is a plus
- Fluency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC and InVision
- You thrive in a collaborative, explorative environment and value being on a diverse team that you can bounce ideas off of, get critical feedback from, and unite to mature design thinking in a large organization
- You practice active listening and contribute to group situations (brainstorms, audits, critiques, whiteboard sessions, etc.)
- You have a high tolerance for complex projects with high levels of ambiguity and you are resilient in the face of obstacles
- You have a relentless desire to validate assumptions and uncover a problem root cause by testing, learning and iterating.
- You constantly seek opportunities to evangelize and promote design thinking in a large organization
Why Work Here?
Besides a competitive salary, work life balance, a clear career path, and great benefits, we take the well-being and work satisfaction of our employees seriously. That's why we put a lot of effort towards creating a safe space for people to be vulnerable, share work, and ask questions that will help them both to grow individually and move their projects forward. You'll be encouraged to bring your own perspective to conversations, and we will help you understand and put into practice what you naturally do best by amplifying each others strengths.