Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Voice Service Engineer on a long term contract basis.
The Voice Service Engineer provides operational and engineering support for the voice/telecom infrastructure at Eaton Vance. The ideal candidate will not only possess the requirements listed below but will also be energetic, flexible, and committed to excellence. The candidate must be self-driven but also work well within a team environment. A strong work ethic and desire to learn is also required.
1. Administrative, engineering and troubleshooting knowledge of Cisco voice infrastructure, including CUCM, Cisco IP Phones, Unity Connection, UCCX, Router gateways/CUBE (T1/SIP) and UCS/VMWare. Knowledge of other voice infrastructure also desired, including eFAX and call recording technologies. This knowledge is required for both daily support activities, recovery from system issues/outages, and special projects such as upgrades, patching, acquisitions/divestitures/mergers and other reconfigurations.
2. Manage the trouble ticket queue for all voice related incident tickets from end users, including break/fix tickets, ‘how-to’ questions/end user training, Move/Add/Change work, and helping other IT teams who interface with the Voice Team.
3. Must be on site in our Boston office on a regular basis to provide in-person support to end users, including ability to physically move telecom equipment such as phones from desk to desk and connect cabling beneath desks.
4. Although infrequent, flexibility to travel to remote office locations for special projects or support needs.
5. Configure and deploy Cisco telephones and voicemail accounts for new hires on a weekly basis.
6. Assist or manage and execute special projects under guidance and direction of senior engineers.
7. Write and complete technical documentation for end users (training docs) and team members (system/process documentation, network diagrams) and system audits.