Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Warehouse Technician consultant on a contract basis.
Receive, store and issue the raw materials, packaging components and operational supplies used to support manufacturing operations.
Handling samples of materials used to conduct testing or special assignments.
Performs shipping and Inventory Cycle Count functions in supporting other warehouse operations and plant needs.
This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
1. Receives purchased materials (raw materials, supplies, packaging components, narcotics, and dangerous substances), makes visual inspections to the cargo, verifies (by counting and / or weighing) proper identification and records the information in the inventory control systems(s).
2. Maintains and generates transactions in the SAP environment and handles damaged / shortages / excess / or missing orders following the Materials Damages & Claim Procedure.
3. Removes the samples to be used for analysis of raw materials and packaging components received and the samples used for re-evaluation of the existing materials.
4. Stores materials as per applicable status, according to the current GMPs and keeps working areas clean and organized. May perform applicable pest control process (fumigation).
5. Transfer material from warehouse to Production lines and / or receive back-to-stock materials from / to the warehouse following the current procedure.
6. Keeps data in the inventory control systems (manual and /or computerized) update and accurate, including the freight containers inventory. Participates in Cycle Counting process as per Inventory Control Procedure. Prepares physically materials for shipment and ensure that materials are correctly picked for shipping, as per their applicable status and according to the current GMPs and loading of trucks.
7. Operates and maintenance the warehouse equipment (Radios, Forklift, etc).
8. Handles and disposes properly rejected material, dangerous goods, potentially dangerous goods and regulated hazardous waste into a designated on-site disposal facility of interim container.
9. Contributes in the revision of procedures, and in executing daily plans effectively in coordination with the area supervisor or designee.
Education and Requirements:
Minimum high school diploma
Drivers license required
Experience driving a forklift preferred, not required (will train)