Our client, a leading financial company, is hiring a Video Editor on a contract basis.
New York, NY
The Knowledge Management & Innovation Capabilities group within Company is the team responsible for ensuring colleagues can easily access the firm’s best knowledge and expertise globally. Knowledge is a dynamic and critical capability in the firm, and with the advent of digital and data, opportunities for innovation abound. As a contingent worker in this role, you will be a part of the Knowledge Management Team working with internal clients external vendors producing and editing video content remotely.
We are seeking a Producer/Editor, who is great at filming/producing (in person and remotely) digital media to help guide the creation of digital knowledge content. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves knowledge, is incessantly curious, is a great storyteller and has a passion for multimedia production. You will work hand-in-hand with the Managing Producer/Editor and Practice Managers to capture individual knowledge 1:1. In addition, you will liaise with IT to troubleshoot technology issues, which includes collecting data and analyzing metrics on the performance of the platform. You will have the opportunity to produce and edit content for Company's KnowNow portal, advise internal clients on shaping content, choice of capture method, and production best practices. Also, manage projects ranging from remote video interviews and podcast recordings to complex multi-day shoots. You will also edit videos using non-linear video editing tools, write, edit, and proof text content for KnowNow. Ensure content has been approved and text assets (e.g., titles, blurbs) and metadata is complete and accurate. At the same time, upload and manage assets on the KnowNow portal –adding, removing and archiving content; creating collections; optimizing display.
- 3+years’ experience in a video production role.
- Knowledge of media production best practices.
- Expert-level knowledge of relevant media software; Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, etc.
- Online production and motion graphics/design aesthetics skills a plus.
- Strong writing/editing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Exceptional client service focus.
- Media management experience including uploading, archiving and maintaining assets.
- Works effectively and positively both independently and with internal clients and teammates.
- Maintain quality focus, ensuring that end-products are effective communication tools in terms of content, distinctiveness, and knowledge expertise.
- Collaborate with Cells and colleagues to develop meaningful multimedia content (videos and podcasts) with internal knowledge front of mind.
- Manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced changing environment while staying detail oriented.
- Organize final post production related assets, and coordinating the final wrap and proper storage of final video and other production materials.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Media, Communications, or similar encouraged.