Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a z/OS Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
Alpharetta, GA (Remote)
Mainframe Network Engineering will be supporting a firmwide initiative to enable encryption for all data in transit. Our focus will be on assessing all connections to and from the mainframe, enabling encryption, and supporting application adoption. Partner with mainframe security team to identify and assist with certificates required for encryption enablement.
Candidate will also be expected to support production responsibilities of the network team, including TCP/IP, VTAM, NDM/Connect: Direct, FTP, TPX and participate in on-call rotation.
• Candidates will need to have experience with reporting and understanding zERT information.
• Coding and troubleshooting Policy Agent AT-TLS rules with zOSMF.
• Strong understanding of data encryption (technology solutions, protocols, best practices, etc.) and security concepts specific to mainframe.
• Ability to program in TSO/REXX or SAS for SMF record analysis.
• Work experience with;
o IBM z/OS TCP/IP configuration and customization.
o IBM TSO and basic z/OS utilities.
o IBM z/OS platform and software, including operation, customization and problem determination.
o Familiarity with CA/NetMaster, NDM/Connect:Direct, TPX and JIRA a plus.
• Self-motivated individual capable of working independently with limited oversight
• Good project planning, organization, documentation, time management skills and ability to multi-task
• MS Office business application experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Must be a team player and foster a team first environment and culture
• 5+ years of relevant experience
Pay Range: $48 – $63/ hour