a z/OS Network Systems Programmer
Work-Mode: This is a remote role where you will work off-site. Travel is limited and used for team learning and collaboration meetings.
- In this role you will maintain and enhance existing mission critical Mainframe Network Systems infrastructure. This includes TCP/IP, VTAM/SNA, WebSphere MQ, Connect Direct (NDM) and other related technologies.
- You will support a thriving advanced systems environment in an MVS Sysplex. You will install, customize, and maintain Mainframe Network products and related ISV software.
- The ability to follow a project through to completion, and/or to work as part of a larger team to complete the components of a complex project.
- Perform problem determination and resolution, capture and transmit system dumps, closely work with vendor’s technical support, apply fixes and patches, coordinate testing and implementation of fixes and new versions, and work with other mainframe-based technical teams on production roll-out
- Provide on-call support.
- Provide performance analysis and real time problem determination in 24×7 business critical environments.
- Assist application development groups to leverage and exploit Network features and functions; provide debugging assistance and technical guidance in the disciplines listed.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of service Requests raised by internal / external clients to determine the appropriate course of action
- Configure & maintain Network software & configuration changes across 8 Production LPARS.
- Customize & maintain IBM and ISV software products that run within or pertain to the Network Systems software.
- Provide real time and 7×24 problem determination support for all business applications that rely on Network Systems software.
- Analyze traces, dumps, traps and logs, and work with IBM and ISV technical support, as well as application development groups to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Apply performance management tools and techniques to ensure optimal response times in high volume transaction applications. Monitor and maintain efficient use of all system resources to control costs.
- Support our comprehensive Disaster Recovery Program across a GDPS, Geographically Disperse Parallel Sysplex.
- Effectively use change, incident, and problem management tools in accordance with data center standards and practices. Attend and effectively participate in related meetings.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent education and up to 1 year experience within a programming and applications system environment.
- Experience: 10-15 year’s experience with Network Systems Software, MQ, etc. and IBM mainframe operating systems and network environments.
- Skills: IBM mainframe systems programming skill set; Coding skills are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and systems management skills
- Ability to work with clients, vendors and other Infrastructure Services functional areas
- Strong skills in mainframe systems administration
- Configures, implements, and troubleshoot systems
- Process driven management of technical operations and support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills.
Pay Range: $75-85